An interview with one of Resilient Services Emergency Management Specialists
Have you ever wondered exactly what an Emergency Management Consultant does? We interviewed our very own Breanna Chapman to find out what is involved in the role of an Emergency Management Consultant. To find out more about Brea follow this link to view her profile Who We Are – Resilient Services
In your opinion what is Emergency Management and why is it important?
Emergency Management is an incredibly broad term that we use to describe a business’ preparedness to respond to and recover from a wide array of interruptions. Having an actionable suite of emergency management documents is essential to not only disaster proofing, but future proofing a business especially during these uncertain times.
What does an Emergency Management Consultant do?
An Emergency Management Consultant works with a business to design, develop and implement an emergency management suite of documents that is customised for each client. Some clients may only need one document, like a Business Continuity Plan, others may require several to cover their potential exposures. Knowing what best practice for a client is allows an Emergency Management Consultant to recommend the most appropriate products.
Do you follow a particular process when consulting?
Each project I undertake is unique and my process has to adapt accordingly. I definitely have a preferred process when beginning a project though. I like to interview a client to find out exactly what it is they need, and why. This will help to ensure that the scope of work will produce a document that will fit with their expectations.
What important skills do you possess as an Emergency Management Consultant?
The skills that Emergency Management Consultants need can seem never ending however I will try and list my top 3:
- Analytical – you need to be able to analyse not only what a client has, but if it is fit for purpose and meets any regulations, acts or standards that may govern. You also need to be able to analyse data and information
- Communication skills- Consulting is all about communication. Working with many clients, you need to be able to understand each client’s needs. You also need to be able to communicate effectively with a diverse range of people as you engage with a client’s stakeholders to complete a project.
- Flexibility – sometimes being a consultant means being flexible with both hours, to work around a client that may be in a different time zone or have a tight timeframe, and being flexible in your way of thinking, as what works for one client, may need to be completely redeveloped for another.
What do you enjoy most about your role?
I love that each day brings something unique and different, as does each project. The projects I enjoy the most though are Business Continuity planning and Emergency Exercising.
What advice would you offer to someone looking to commence a career as an Emergency Management Consultant?
If you have a real passion for emergency management, and you are willing to continuously learn and develop, then come join us at Resilient Services… kidding, sort of. But if you really do want to be an Emergency Management Consultant, you just need one project, one client, to start.
At Resilient Services, we offer a wide range of emergency management services to suit your business’s specific needs. We recognise that every organisation is different and will require a unique set of management procedures. Depending on your circumstances, we can offer the following services:
- After action reviews (capture learnings and improvement opportunities
- Business continuity plans and business impact assessments
- Crisis management plans
- Detailed reports into cause and effect
- Emergency response plans (corporate and operational)
- Emergency management plans
- Pandemic plans
- Risk management and mitigation plans
Industries that are offered Emergency Management Services
Resilient Services provides a range of emergency response plans to a variety of industries. These industries include, but are not limited to:
Enquire for an emergency management system, plan, or procedure.
Our team of risk analysts and emergency planning specialists can help your business prepare for any potential crisis. Fill out an enquiry form or call us on 0439 005 271 to find out more and to see how we can help your business prepare for the unknown.